Monday, April 25, 2011

Leisure Activity: The Boqueria

 One place that I have visited more than any other place in Barcelona has been the Boqueria. It is my all time favorite place. Before coming to Barcelona, I have never seen something so spectacular. There are hundreds of fruit, vegetable, nut, fish, meat, etc. stands. And each stand is displayed perfectly. There is never a thing that is out of place! I go to the Boqueria at least twice a week and buy their fresh produce. I've tried fruits that I have never even heard of before, such as dragon-fruit and lychees. What I find so infatuating is the wide array of exotic produce. I'm from the north-eastern part of the US and we don't ever see half of the produce that is offered in the Boqueria. And I find it so unique that Barcelona has a market solely for fresh products.

I fell in love with the fruit smoothies that many of the stands sell. There are so many different combinations of fruit flavors mixed together, and they are so delicious. What's really amazing is how cheap they are. At home, I'm used to paying $4-$5 dollars for a smoothie that's made with fruit syrups. But these are only 1,5 euros for a real fruit smoothie. If I had to choose my favorite thing about the Boqueria, it would definitely be the freshly made fruit smoothies!

No comments:

Post a Comment